what we do
who are we?
The Friends of Radipole Park & Gardens (FORPAG) are a group of people passionate about our local park who work together in a variety of ways. Our aims are to make sure that our green space and its facilities are available to everyone.
Working alongside Weymouth Town Council’s Parks Department, we succeeded in obtaining a £1.4 million Lottery grant to update the park. This has enabled:
- An exciting new natural play area – a chance for children to explore and discover while having fun.
- New and improved recreational facilities for the whole family: free to access table tennis tables and petanque, tennis and basketball courts, as well as a new nature trail and an orienteering course
- A refreshment kiosk to purchase snacks and drinks – a perfect pit stop for dog walkers
- Toilets, more free parking and new signage
We have also raised our own funds to create a new sensory garden in the Park.
At present we are a committee of five, but would always welcome more committee members.
Our committee members are:
- Sue Hogben and Dave Cave (Co-Chairs)
- Dave Cave (Treasurer)
- Sue Hogben (Secretary)
- Stuart Rowland (Committee member)
- Cllr. Peter Barrow (Committee member)
- Mark South (Committee member)
We are always on the look out for new members to join us.
As a member of the Friends of Radipole Park and Gardens you can do as much or as little as you feel happy with.
From simply signing up to become a member, your one off donation gives you lifetime membership and goes towards projects within the park and gardens.
As a member, you’ll receive regular updates and see any opportunities to volunteer in our Radipole Ripples newsletter.
Wish to be more hands on?
Why not become a FORPAG Volunteer.